Monday 16 January 2012

Read All About This, Kate Winslet...Oh Wait....

Channel 4's whacking out some good'uns at the mo! The Reader was this Sunday night's extravaganzaaaaa and yes, I was once again rather excited to experience watching another must-see highly-acclaimed picture.

I was *not* disappointed. I have to say, I didn't know much about the film before other than the affair between Hanna Schmitz (Kate Winslet) and Michael Berg (David Kross) and the shock value surrounding the large age gap. I was pleasantly surprised however to find there was a lot more to the story and these characters than pure lust and hiding their affection.

For once, English being used instead of German with subtitles as me and Harry both prefer (after all if they are meant to be portrayed as German speaking German in Germany, they should be actually speaking German) doesn't take away from the film at all as it allows us to fully appreciate the acting. And it wasn't half bad :P Kate Winslet really is something!

And well done not mucking up your speech and the Golden Globes :P Apparently reading's not the only thing she needs to practice...

No comments:

Post a Comment