Monday 2 January 2012

Bit Late For a Christmas Movie!

After falling asleep at first attempt of watching Disney's A Christmas Carol (no relation to quality of the film, merely my exhaustion) during the actual Christmas period, I decided to organise another family viewing slightly later in the holidays. I've wanted to see this film for a while in 3D because it actually looked like one that wouldn't use this technology for pure gimmicks. A few years later and here it is on Sky (in 2D, mind) and with my mother's enthusiasm for Disney and Christmas, it was added to the practically already full planner to record...that was like a month ago (this country like to get Christmas in and out as early as possible).

I was not disappointed by the animation looking rather realistically for quite a bit - the beauty of HD, eh? This was made even more wonderful by the amazing visual actor representation within characters seeing the likes of Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman and Colin Firth in a different light. Not just their voices and looks are captured though and this is clear in the representation of Scrooge in the epilogue - happy to the extreme = Jim Carrey's defo involved in this one. This came as a complete shock after struggling to comprehend how the character could physically smile throughout his ventures. I would like some tips on his budgeting methods though and his humour (Harry and me failed to classify the type but have a look at this scene for some examples). This is needed at points for some of the film gets quite dark in places (which of course I loved). Which makes me wonder if in fact the movie gives off a good message or it just influences us to feel charitable because of fear and guilt. Perhaps I'm just being a Scrooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment