Saturday 14 January 2012

Bring On The HP (And I Don't Mean The Sauce!)

Like the lazy peeps we are, me and Harry ditched handing out CVs for a short notice HP marathon at our friends (OH YEAH!). Part of me has felt ol' Potter's ventures have the potential to get a tad tedious, but I just can't deny the excitement of a Harry Potter sesh, for the series is made up of such classics (or as Harry decribes them: landmark films of our generation's childhood - good enough for me). We decided the films once again don't quite reflect how amazing the books are but for them to achieve such an impossible task it'd have taken a hell of a lot of money and about 10 hours for each installment - so hats off to what they've done! Only having time for myself to watch the first, I realised that this is in fact my least favourite. As well as the cheesiness, the acting and script aren't that great (my Harry's thought's also) but granted, it is a family film and they were very young. I much prefer when they get a lot darker and there's more twists in the storyline as the plot starts to thicken and unfold. So basically I don't like Chris Columbus' interpretation and naivety of the delightful wizarding world. It's a shame I didn't get to watch more but I don't have the whole Blu-ray set for nothing ;D I thought I only really liked a few and on a good occasion but thinking about what's exactly in each one and the personality of each attracts me to ALL of them. I do believe though that the 3rd,5th and Part 2 are my faves with the first being my least favourite but I know that every single person has a completey different opinion on each. So...for pure curiosity, I'd like to know what everyone's favourite is so vote on the poll on our page and feel free to leave a comment with why that's your fave - we'd love to hear from our readers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment