Tuesday 20 December 2011

Do Novels Justice: Make Them Graphic

Listening to a podcast by BBFC, it has come to my attention how much influence film classifications have on films. Contrary to my belief, films aren't always rated on the original content but edited to what the board or distributor wants. I know I should have known this already but I'm naive  - anyway, I know now.

One film that has annoyed me lately is the latest Twilight (don't murder me, all the haters). I've read the books and yes, I liked them. The films, however, not so much. Most adaptions don't do the novels justice and this is a prime example. The films focus on the people, not even the characters but just the actors. And that's prominent in the newest edition to the saga. I want to see graphic gore of Bella's vampire childbirth as it should be, not close up's of Stewart's morbid expression (granted she was having a spontaneous C-section at the time). All I'm saying is, it should have had a higher classification to put in the detail it deserved to actually be a good film rather than a money making, brainwashing tween flick which has now made every 13 year old girl want to be a necro/zoophiliac if it weren't for Justin Bieber. 

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment