Saturday 24 December 2011

I Am So Easily Amused

Arthur Christmas - sounds particular appropriate for today. I have fancied watching this movie for a while as it seemed like some good ol' British humour and I was not disappointed in the blunt sarcasm from Gran-Santa (defo my fave).

Not knowing much about the film before, I was intrigued as I wasn't really looking for a proper moral-filled kids movie. But the humor and technology-influenced culture brings that rewatchable factor for every year.

I did however find myself laughing at...everything,unlike most people but I still heard a fair few laughs and I'm sure people of the same nature as me will love it at any age. I'm pretty sure I heard Harry laugh at some point :P Look out for stuff in the background as this can also cause a giggle :P

RECOMMEND RECOMMEND RECOMMEND (for anytime in the year except it's not acceptable in my opinion to watch Xmas films throughout the year so save it for everyday in December)

On another note, I'm catching up watching stuff on my Sky+ box and decided to watch Knowing. Nicholas Cage! I've always wanted to watch this film as it seemed really intriguing on a trailer I always see on a DVD I have (pretty sure it's Twilight, don't murder me). Nicholas Cage! I wasn't disappointed by the thrill factor and the intrigue but the ending seemed a tad silly. Should have kept a bit of mystery and ambiguity in my opinion. But I loved the links throughout the film and for once the the mother and daughter looked alike. Did I mention Nicholas Cage is in it? That man's voice is awesome :D He's a hero in this - his best character of course :P Nicholas Cage!

I love the concept and the effects but i think the endings a tad stupid, but give it a chance and you may like all of it....but you're safer turning it off 30 mins before the end :P

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment