Tuesday 20 December 2011

Harry's Film Flavour!

So I guess if you are going to be reading about my opinion on films you will want to know what kind of films I actually like to watch and what kind of films I will end up writing about. I actually like most genres and can't say    there are many films I haven't enjoyed (except the remake of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' that can burn in hell). Also, even though you probably don't care about what I plan to do with my life, you just read for a bit of escapism (should just bung on a film really) or just want to fill yourself up with some tasty morsels of filmormation. But anyway, I know I want to go into the film industry when I'm older and plan to attend Ravensbourne but I am still not sure what I want to do exactly, I may dabble in directing, have a shot in screenwriting or see how exciting editing is, who knows but anyway, forwards on!

My favourite director is Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prestige) and I only need to see two more of his films then I can eagerly wait for his next obvious masterpiece 'The Dark Knight Rises' so expect reviews on all those films in the coming months. Other directors I pay close attention to are David Fincher (Zodiac,Se7en) and Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds) as I have seen most of their films and can say I have absolutely adored all of them.

When it comes to the actors and actresses there are a few names I will keep an eye on as I am a fan of them all and those are Robert Downey Jr. (Sherlock Holmes, Tropic Thunder), Christian Bale (The Machinist, 3:10 To Yuma), Jake Gyllenhall (Donnie Darko, Source Code) and Natalie Portman (From her child role in Leon: The Professional to Black Swan).

So that is my general favourites in terms of people in the film industry and I hope you have a vague idea of what kind of films I will be reviewing :)

As a little note I would also like to note that the works of George.A.Romero are possibly the most amazing films I have ever seen and I am completely in love with his 'Of The Dead' films and he could possibly be the reason I want to make films.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment